Cover image for EF Education First

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company with lots of opportunity for entrepreneurial role

Nov 2, 2022 - Director of Finance and Strategy
    Business Outlook

Pros

friendly, international colleagues interesting work fun environment

Cons

long hours in some teams (e.g. finance)

Be the first to find this review helpful

EF Education First Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so happy to hear that you had a positive experience while working with EF and were able to grow and meet colleagues from around the world. All the best in your next adventure!

1. 5.0
    Current Intern

Good place to start

Dec 7, 2022 - Resident Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great fun and flexible job

Cons

Sometimes work can be stressful

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A place to grow, travel, and lead

Oct 19, 2022 - Sales Manager in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Culture: The culture here is amazing. It is so fun to come to work and love all the people that I work with. I have developed life-long friends. -International Travel Opportunities: I also never thought I'd be in a situation where I am almost having to say no to traveling to amazing places all over the world for work-- but this is such a big part of what we do, especially as you grow in your tenure. -Passion and Innovation encouraged: I also love how, although this is a sales job, we are encouraged in our entrepreneurial spirit and innovation to projects that we care about. These kind of push projects are what keep me here at EF.

Cons

-The pay in really non-negotiable for the most part and is lower than industry standards -There is a little bit of an old school attitude about staying with the organization in the sense that they are unprepared for more modern standards of negotiation and transparency across the industry -It's a huge corporation so you can expect to be very far removed from decision making and it often feels like you are shouting into the void for changes needed for employees closest to the customers (the people that you are managing). -Feedback circles are not very modern-- it does not feel like we have any way to give feedback (especially upwards) that is actually taken seriously to upper management

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

EF Education First Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We always want to improve, and your feedback helps us do that. We are glad to hear that you enjoy the company culture and have been able to take advantage of some of our perks and benefits! We review our compensation structure regularly to ensure we are offering a competitive package. We agree that there should be continued dialogue with your manager regarding your professional development goals and path, and we strive to ensure all team members feel supported and are adequately trained to create this open communication. We hope that you continue to grow in your career at EF.

Discover more reviews about EF Education First.

EF Education First Photos

+ Add Photo
EF Education First photo of: EF Education First at the Boston Pride Parade 2018
EF Education First photo of: View from Charlestown footbridge
EF Education First photo of: The rock climbing wall at Hult House
EF Education First photo of: Zen Lounge
EF Education First photo of: EF Education First at the Boston Pride Parade 2017
EF Education First photo of: Building bikes at the 2019 Tour of California
EF Education First photo of: Come say hi to us at Boston's HUBweek!

EF Education First Job Seekers Also Viewed