EF English First - Racist and will treat you like trash. If you aren’t white don’t apply!!!! Please stay away from this company! | Glassdoor

"Racist and will treat you like trash. If you aren’t white don’t apply!!!! Please stay away from this company!"

Former Employee - English Teacher in China, ME

I worked at EF English First full-time for less than a year

Pros

They will like only white people. If you are white this is great for you!

Cons

They will only treat white people like gods. If you are darker than white you will be harassed, watched like a criminal, ignored and forced into slavery like conditions.

Advice to Management

Warn anyone not white because you cause psychological damage to ANY minority. If you hire anyone yellow, brown or black tell them your racist history so they don’t get stuck in modern slavery

EF English First2018-07-01

EF English First Response

July 4, 2018Vice President

We are extremely disappointed to hear your negative feelings. EF has been opening the world through education for over 60 years and we pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer with an amazing mix of cultures and backgrounds. If you feel you have been treated unfairly by any individual within our network of schools please do write to us at teacher.feedback@ef.com.

"Meh..."

Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at EF English First full-time

Pros

Great experience within the country

Cons

The pay is very low

EF English First2019-07-09

"Nope. Nope. Nope."

Current Contractor - Teacher in New York, NY

I have been working at EF English First for more than 3 years

Pros

Pays on time. That's about it.

Cons

If you want to work 80 hours a month and get paid for 60. Cancellations and No-Shows take a toll and management doesn't care. Recent change in US management office has left it totally unorganized. They can't keep track of raises, hours, or answer problems promptly. The only job I've ever ahd where you get dinged for being LESS THAT 1 MINUTE LATE. Rude and uncaring students. Teachers who praise just to get a... good review and pass students on without teaching them anything. I've had Upper Intermediate students who cannot tell you their name and have gotten 90s on every class before that. I complained to management and was told it was a shame that some teachers did not follow procedures. No chance for advancement.

Advice to Management

Actually teach students. Don't collect money and not share. You get paid for cancellations and no-shows, don't ding the teachers that show up ready to work. Since you changed the policy on writing, there often are not writing assignments available to make up. I'm moving on to another company. Almost everyone pays better and the culture cannot be worse.

EF English First2019-10-06

Discover more reviews about EF English First.