EF English First - Worth the experience | Glassdoor
  1. "Worth the experience"

Former Employee - ESL Teacher in China, ME

I worked at EF English First full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great employee benefits such as furnished apartment, monthly team building,end of contract bonus, medical aid options.

Cons

You don't get a weekend or school holidays off as those are actually peak times :(

Advice to Management

DOS was really amazing. Very accomodating and flexible.

EF English First2018-11-17

"Meh..."

Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at EF English First full-time

Pros

Great experience within the country

Cons

The pay is very low

EF English First2019-07-09

"Nope. Nope. Nope."

Current Contractor - Teacher in New York, NY

I have been working at EF English First for more than 3 years

Pros

Pays on time. That's about it.

Cons

If you want to work 80 hours a month and get paid for 60. Cancellations and No-Shows take a toll and management doesn't care. Recent change in US management office has left it totally unorganized. They can't keep track of raises, hours, or answer problems promptly. The only job I've ever ahd where you get dinged for being LESS THAT 1 MINUTE LATE. Rude and uncaring students. Teachers who praise just to get a... good review and pass students on without teaching them anything. I've had Upper Intermediate students who cannot tell you their name and have gotten 90s on every class before that. I complained to management and was told it was a shame that some teachers did not follow procedures. No chance for advancement.

Advice to Management

Actually teach students. Don't collect money and not share. You get paid for cancellations and no-shows, don't ding the teachers that show up ready to work. Since you changed the policy on writing, there often are not writing assignments available to make up. I'm moving on to another company. Almost everyone pays better and the culture cannot be worse.

EF English First2019-10-06

Discover more reviews about EF English First.