EFI - What a disaster | Glassdoor

"What a disaster"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Meredith, NH
Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Meredith, NH

Pros

Free Coffee, close to home.

Cons

Before EFI bought Vutek the company could release new products quickly and efficiently. When it was bought by EFI things went downhill very fast. People were brought in great numbers who knew nothing about the technology. The only thing these people seemed to offer was more paperwork and more politics. The people who had the experience were silenced and left out to pasture. I have never worked in a place where management is so politically motivated and I hope I never will again. I believe EFI is a good example of why US companies fail.

Advice to Management

Why bother, they are not listening.

Other Employee Reviews for EFI

"EFI - great people, cool technology, poor management team, dated coding practices and standards."

Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Program Manager in Foster City, CA

Pros

Excellent people, some of the best brains in color and imaging technology.
    Decent benefits.
    Flex time available in most departments.
    large start up!

Cons

Poor direction from executive management.
    Salaries are on lower side.
    Declining business.
    Poor vision / unimaginative management.

Advice to Management

Trim the high level fat. Executives need to set examples by cutting their own corporate expenses, take a pay cut, etc.

2. "It's all about the people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Pros

People tend to stay at EFI for a very long time, really I think because of the people they are working with. It's a great team to be a part of. Management is also open to hearing your ideas, just as long as you are willing to step up to drive the solution.

People care about their work and take ownership. They are willing to come together as a team to deliver.

Cons

There is always a sense that we don't have budget. It doesn't matter what it is, it's assumed there's no money. This comes from the top. Even when the company was doing really well the purse strings were held very closely. I think that if we invested more in the right areas we would be able to build better solutions, instead of piecing things together with "what we have".

Advice to Management

Take a step back and look at the big picture. Think strategically instead of focusing on near terms gains.