EFI - Turnover City | Glassdoor

"Turnover City"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Meredith, NH
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Meredith, NH

Pros

Lots of different types of technologies to work with. Good communication from mid management. Decent pay. Nice area, out of the big city.

Cons

Constant turnover. Only a handful of people in technical fields have been there for over a year. Constantly hiring and laying off. Cliquey and hard to fit in.

Advice to Management

Way too many irons in the fire. Need more focus in order to complete projects.

Other Employee Reviews for EFI

"It was a great place, now it has no future"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Pros

In the 90's, it was a great place to work. I actually loved the work I did and miss some of the people.

Cons

In the past decade, it gets worse every year. More hard work, more responsibility and less pay. I wish it would be put out of it's misery - for everyones sake.

Advice to Management

To the VPs, Pres and higher: The employees are miserable. You still have some good employees, give them raises and bonuses or you'll loose them.

"A good company to work for, depending on the dept."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Pros

EFI has a very nice campus with a view of the bay. The senior management seem competent and fairly approachable. They honestly don't like to have layoffs (though there have been) and they look for other ways to trim costs first. Most of the people are nice and intelligent. Compensation isn't bad. Many employees have been here for years and that says something good about EFI.

Cons

Some managers and directors are next to worthless. It's an OEM driven business which means that there is always tension between what the OEM wants (customization) and efforts to standardize. Not a very "green" place to work as lots of paper is wasted needlessly.

Advice to Management

It probably will sound very hippy-dippy, but the worker-bees in my department should be allowed to find and hire our manager and director. We would be much more effective, innovative, dynamic, and contented if we were given the power to find and hire our own departmental leaders.