EFI - Mixed Experience | Glassdoor

"Mixed Experience"

Former Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at EFI full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Ability to work and contribute in areas not normally associated with a given job title. Day-to-day this was a fine place to work if you could ignore the bigger issues and the continual shrinking of the office headcount.

Cons

Company is overly focused on meeting quarterly numbers to the detriment of long-term goals. I worked in the Pittsburgh office and it was pretty much expected that there would be one or two people missing just prior to quarterly numbers being announced. There wouldn't be any notice/all-clear notice. You'd just notice that a cube was empty or realize somebody was missing a week later. Layoffs are part of the tech... industry, but shouldn't be a regular heartbeat so that a division can squeak out another percentage or two. Bonuses are tied to meeting corporate sales goals which makes perfect sense. But the goals were so overly aggressive that they weren't attainable. Middle management (at least in the Pgh office) were largely people that had little experience outside of EFI. There was little advancement or formal management training. So things which are commonplace in the rest of the industry like agile are either not implemented or not understood. I held out quite a while mostly due to inertia (and the vague hope of a severance package after a layoff) but finally left on my own accord. I'm very happy I did so.

EFI2015-08-17
  1. "Great company to work"

Current Employee - SDM in New York, NY

I have been working at EFI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice atmosphere, great people and opportunities to grow

Cons

Not the best salary, sales pressure

EFI2019-07-25
  2. "good"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at EFI full-time for less than a year

Pros

management is on the side of employees.

Cons

time balance can be a problem sometimes.

EFI2019-07-15

Discover more reviews about EFI.