EMC - A fantastic company focused on its employees | Glassdoor

EMC is now part of Dell. Dell and the EMC family of companies have united to become Dell Technologies. We drive global progress and transformation by bringing practical innovation to people and organizations everywhere. Let your career transformation begin at jobs.dell.com

There are newer employer reviews for EMC

"A fantastic company focused on its employees"

Current Employee - Advisory Technology Consultant in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Advisory Technology Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at EMC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Along with one of the technology industry's best compensation & benefit plans, there are so many ways for EMC Employees to customize their careers & get involved to make a difference. We are able to attract & recruit the best-of-the-best and the synergy created from collaboration results in EMC distancing itself from the competition.

Cons

If you are adverse to working hard or have a problem with self motivation, this is not the place to be.

Advice to Management

Focus solutions & approach from the transaction down versus primarily on the storage. The cloud approach is 100% about the transaction.

Other Employee Reviews for EMC

1. "Good company, strong organizational culture"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at EMC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management ensures that there is a razor sharp focus on achieving results. Not afraid to spend money to meet customer needs

Cons

Largely a power-based culture, with many small decisions being made at more senior levels. Lots of measurements, many of which are useful, some of which seem to be there just for the sake of gathering numbers.

Advice to Management

You've got a reputation for downsizing organizations, on occasion, a little too hastily. But you know that already, I suspect.

2. "Working at EMC"

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Hopkinton, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Hopkinton, MA

I worked at EMC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to work, great pay and benefits.Met and worked with a lot of great people. Many opportunities to advance your career. Being able to work at home is a great benefit.

Cons

My job was eliminated due to organizational changes and work going overseas.

Advice to Management

Keep our jobs in the USA.