EMC - EMC offers amazing benefits you won't find at other companies. | Glassdoor

EMC is now part of Dell. Dell and the EMC family of companies have united to become Dell Technologies. We drive global progress and transformation by bringing practical innovation to people and organizations everywhere. Let your career transformation begin at jobs.dell.com

There are newer employer reviews for EMC

"EMC offers amazing benefits you won't find at other companies."

Current Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Hopkinton, MA
Current Employee - Marketing Program Manager in Hopkinton, MA

Pros

EMC's benefits are virtually unmatchable. How many other companies offer the health benefits, fitness facilities, discounts, food options, and innovative programs that EMC offers? I think you'd be hard-pressed to find another company that offers such a depth and breadth of programs. It feels good to work for a company that understands its employees enough to make sure both the employees and their families are well provided for.

Cons

Commuting is tough, given the gas prices.

Advice to Management

Continue being open and honest with your employees. Understanding executive decisions always make employees feel valued.

Other Employee Reviews for EMC

1. "A great company to work for, but you have to buy its culture."

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Ireland, IN
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Ireland, IN

Pros

The salaries and work conditions are good compared to the other companies I worked for. The base salaries are fair according to experience, diplomas...
    Based on my own experience you get pressure but at a reasonable level and you don't have to go through the pains of micromanagement. I have been let lots of latitude for initiative, and I have been listened when suggesting changes... even though they did not implement them all.
    One more thing to consider as a Technical Support Engineer is that I have been given proper computers to works with, it's the basic stuff, but it's been the case all the time with my previous employers.

Cons

It's a very big companies which bought loads of others, and it's easy to sometimes get lost between the departments, the branches. Also work experience can vary a lot depending on the department.

Advice to Management

Ensure uniformity of practice throughout the whole company. There are discrepancies on how the employees are treated.

2. "Mostly happy"

Current Employee - Consultant in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Consultant in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

Great benefits package, bonuses and the recognition that comes from working for a Fortune 500 company. When you say that you work for EMC people who know about enterprise level IT immediately nod in respect. There is a constant opportunity to acquire bonuses and my unit is very proactive about recognizing achievement and rewarding professional development.

Cons

Core EMC employees are a little like a cult, they believe Joe Tucci is the Second Coming. Also, the way contracts are written for new hires are such that one is compensated and penalized just enough so that you can't leave. At the end of two years you will be a valued commodity, but you will likely be under compensated.

Advice to Management

There needs to be more cross pollination between different parts of EMC. I would specifically have sales people and sales engineers present their respective products to other divisions of EMC. People are more likely to drink the Kool-Aid if they understand the products and can see the value of each new acquisition. While this internal sales process is happening I would also issue a temporary freeze on acquisitions. It's confusing and would give EMC more time to compensate for the inevitable friction that happens when a new acquisition becomes fully integrated with greater EMC.