EMC - Great | Glassdoor

"Great"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

Pros

Great people . Fun place to work.

Cons

Very high pressure working conditions.

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for EMC

1. "EMC, Check us out"

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Boston, MA

Pros

Thepay is great and working in the technology sector has been good for 20 years. We recently acquired VMware so now we have aan outstanding compliment to our storage business.. We are looking at other acquisitions.

Cons

The technology industry moves fast, and I am always afraid we would be left behind. The chinese are coming up to speed in their manufacturing processes, being led by japanese designers. American grads want to go to B school instead of engineering school these days, so it makes it more difficult for us to find recruits for the company. All this adds up to make a very cometitive environment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Work at EMC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Working for EMC is challenging, fast paced and a great learning experience. You are surrounded by knowledgable and experienced professionals who are dedicated to their work.

Cons

Sometimes it can be too agressive and too fast paced which can sometimes be a negative factor in future growth. Dealing with the myriad of different systems, departments and separate processes can be unproductive at times. There could be more improvements in executing and communicating the constant changes in strategy and management.

Advice to Management

It would pay off to spend some more time getting feedback for initiatives before haphazard rollouts.