EMC - Great Products and Amazing experience, Great vision but poor local management | Glassdoor

EMC is now part of Dell. Dell and the EMC family of companies have united to become Dell Technologies. We drive global progress and transformation by bringing practical innovation to people and organizations everywhere. Let your career transformation begin at jobs.dell.com

There are newer employer reviews for EMC

"Great Products and Amazing experience, Great vision but poor local management"

Current Employee - Account Manager
Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at EMC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great Products
Fast changing and challenging environment
Good Training
Lots of empowerment

Cons

Flat organisation, poor career progression
Local Management are spreadsheet jockies

Advice to Management

Increasing support to local teams to do their job

Other Employee Reviews for EMC

1. "Big and Ruthless"

I worked at EMC full-time

Pros

Interesting work, most coworkers nice to work with. Perks like on company cafeteria, gym, place to throw some hoops.

Cons

A good old boy environment. Passive aggressive in a big way and more so than most tech companies.

Advice to Management

Why bother. If I could give them a negative review I would, but it's not given as an option. Naturally the good old boys are going to take care of themselves, but for anyone thinking of working there, don't imagine you'll ever get comfortable. Remember, passive aggressive squared.

2. "It's a job. I was expecting more."

I have been working at EMC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Industry Leader, leading edge technology across a wide spectrum of products, good benefits overall. possible to telecommute.

Cons

In-compassionate management in sales and pre-sales, my experience shows no concern after bringing up both business and non-business issues with first level manager. Can't go above or to HR without repercussions from 1st level mgr. I understand it's all about the number but sometimes they need to be flexible when unforeseen circumstances arise that may impact current quarter employee performance. Changed compensation plan mid year and gave un-realistic rise in quota without adding additional resources. Tough for everyone to make their bonus even though we have increased sales dramatically year over year.

Advice to Management

They don't listen. No need. It's a job.