EMC - 7 years as a one day - lot's of fun | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for EMC

"7 years as a one day - lot's of fun"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Saint Petersburg (Russia)
Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

I have been working at EMC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team, lots of opportunities if you are ready to take initiative and responsibility.

Cons

Bureaucracy as in any large company, absense of integrity within corporation

Other Employee Reviews for EMC

1. "Sense of urgency"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager

I have been working at EMC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very dynamic, nice people, global leaders taking very good decisions in M&A

Cons

Some conflicts raising in specific business units, overlapping others in the field

Advice to Management

Keep the specialized business units, but need to align everybody's MBOs and goals towards common objectives

"very cunning tactics, deception, cheats"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bengaluru (India)

I have been working at EMC full-time

Pros

I did not get to join this company so I cannot say what the pros are. I am sure that the company is good once you join, but some hr and hiring people are screwing this up

Cons

I applied to EMC bangalore, had a good interview, 4 rounds. Negotiated hard for salary and was eventually given an offer letter with a 20 day join period. 1 week later after I submitted my resignation, EMC called back and said that the salary negotiated is not possible due to project changes, however they said they will be happy to take me in for whatever I was currently getting in my current job. I had to reject this offer and I tried to cancel my resignation letter but could not do so. Later found out from 3 current employees and 2 other applicants that this same thing has happened to them. Now I am not sure if this is a widespread practice in EMC bangalore or if it is being done by one rouge hiring manager but either way this is unacceptable behavior. I want to bring this to everyone's attention specially the senior management. I am also exploring legal options since based on the offer letter I submitted my resignation. One of the current employees who had the same experience and who had no choice but to accept the offer said that if I tried to take legal actions the HR will simply put your resume under a microscope and will try to come up with atleast 1 inconsistency no matter how small (like they will go to your 10th standard marksheet and see if you have rounded your percentage to the exact number or not). This technique screws you up as you have no leverage. I will also inform this to all HR people all the way to highest management in EMC usa about what is going on here in bangalore. I urge all others who faced the same situation to post here so that we can expose this tactic. Now I am not saying that EMC is doing this to everyone because other people would have posted it here if that was the case. But this has been done atleast 5 times to my knowledge and so we know there is a pattern.

Advice to Management

IF management does not investigate this then it means that they are also involved with this. Don't let few bad apples ruin your company's reputation.