EMC - Progressive workplace that offers plenty of career pathing opportunities | Glassdoor

EMC is now part of Dell. Dell and the EMC family of companies have united to become Dell Technologies. We drive global progress and transformation by bringing practical innovation to people and organizations everywhere. Let your career transformation begin at jobs.dell.com

There are newer employer reviews for EMC

"Progressive workplace that offers plenty of career pathing opportunities"

Current Employee - Principal Program Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Principal Program Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at EMC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

An industry leader in storage technology, which means there is always something cool going on at EMC. It's also a Global company that embraces diversity, and daily interactions with co workers typically includes people from all around the world.

Cons

For me the biggest issue is that HQ is on the east coast and not in Texas or the Silicon Valley. Travel to the greater Boston area in the winter isn't fun, and the cost of living there is too high to consider relocation.

Other Employee Reviews for EMC

"Terrible Internship"

Former Intern - Intern in Hopkinton, MA
    Former Intern - Intern in Hopkinton, MA

I worked at EMC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a successful, large company with an equally large internship program. Many people have told me that their time at EMC was enjoyable.

Cons

The work culture/attitude of EMC is incredibly uncomfortable and stressful. My boss tried to tell me I wasn't being paid for certain things when the time was, in fact, billable. Occasionally he also tried to get me to work overtime for free (since at EMC interns are discouraged from working overtime).

Advice to Management

Stressing out your employees makes them less productive. A more comfortable environment is much better for work and creative thinking.

2. "Good people, but it has some of the same challenges as large corporations."

I have been working at EMC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy working with my team.

Cons

RTP building needs to be renovated.

Advice to Management

Invest more in your people and in the infrastructure.