EMC - Progressive workplace that offers plenty of career pathing opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for EMC

"Progressive workplace that offers plenty of career pathing opportunities"

Current Employee - Principal Program Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Principal Program Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at EMC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

An industry leader in storage technology, which means there is always something cool going on at EMC. It's also a Global company that embraces diversity, and daily interactions with co workers typically includes people from all around the world.

Cons

For me the biggest issue is that HQ is on the east coast and not in Texas or the Silicon Valley. Travel to the greater Boston area in the winter isn't fun, and the cost of living there is too high to consider relocation.

Other Employee Reviews for EMC

"Terrible Internship"

Former Intern - Intern in Hopkinton, MA
    Former Intern - Intern in Hopkinton, MA

I worked at EMC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a successful, large company with an equally large internship program. Many people have told me that their time at EMC was enjoyable.

Cons

The work culture/attitude of EMC is incredibly uncomfortable and stressful. My boss tried to tell me I wasn't being paid for certain things when the time was, in fact, billable. Occasionally he also tried to get me to work overtime for free (since at EMC interns are discouraged from working overtime).

Advice to Management

Stressing out your employees makes them less productive. A more comfortable environment is much better for work and creative thinking.

2. "A very cut throat good ole boy network company that is not a family driven environment."

Former Employee - Senior Management Product Support in Hopkinton, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Management Product Support in Hopkinton, MA

I worked at EMC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Field service employees working together towards a common goal - to ensure quality customer service.

Cons

Middle management lacks the ability to get the job done - company is top heavy and has a lot of dead weight.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate your purpose and provide "real" goals that drive success and not mimic it.