EMC - I loved EMC as an intern, it's my top choice for getting a full-time job! | Glassdoor

EMC is now part of Dell. Dell and the EMC family of companies have united to become Dell Technologies. We drive global progress and transformation by bringing practical innovation to people and organizations everywhere. Let your career transformation begin at jobs.dell.com

There are newer employer reviews for EMC

"I loved EMC as an intern, it's my top choice for getting a full-time job!"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Hopkinton, MA
Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Hopkinton, MA

Pros

I like the administration and managers. I think what makes a company great is their administration, when you have a corrupt administration the company falls to that level. But this one was far from that. The CEO seems likeable and all the managers I've interacted with are down-to-earth and helpful, genuinely good managers. :)

Cons

It can be a lot of work. I was only an intern so I didn't have a whole lot of work, but all the full-time employees there had lots of work. There was frequent overtime, and my supervisor struggled to put aside time to train me.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, I think it's great!

Other Employee Reviews for EMC

1. "A great job where the information lives"

Current Employee - Senior Implementation Specialist in San Juan, PR
    Current Employee - Senior Implementation Specialist in San Juan, PR

Pros

EMC offers a great combination of leading edge technology exposure, good compesations , career growth thru Internal/External trainings and EMC University. EMC employees must be involved from basic to complex configuration involving all O/S flavor and with interoperability with all other vendors.

Cons

employees need to be prepared to long hours mostly overnight implementations. Not for the faint of heart job, stressing condition while on projects.

Advice to Management

Dedicated a little more time to the region, keep in mind that we are a mix of Latin and North American culture. Not all imported strategic models are appropiate or suitable for this region.

"EMC Sucks"

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

They pay well. The pay is very competitive, but not when you divide it by the number of hours they will work you, then it's not so competitive.

Cons

Sweatshop. They overwork their people and are proud of it. Endless oncall and demands. Unethical management. They will ask you to lie, if necessary, to customers especially. Their sales culture is very hard nosed and crass, and it permeates the entire culture, and, again, they're proud of it. One of their sayings is, "do you know what the difference is between EMC and a pit bull?" ... "a pit bull eventually lets go." All their policies and direction is all short-term; they live quarter to quarter.

Advice to Management

None, it's just the way they are, their mentality, and they're proud of it.