EMC - Connecting with others around the world is the biggest benefit and also the biggest challenge | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for EMC

"Connecting with others around the world is the biggest benefit and also the biggest challenge"

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Park City, UT
Current Employee - Technical Writer in Park City, UT

Pros

Ability to learn something new every day, work with bright and talented people in an environment where my input is valued and respected. Interact with other writers from other countries on globally diverse projects.

Cons

Communication in a global dispersed organization can be difficult. It's crucial that we continue to seek new and innovative ways to connect to those coworkers who work in other offices and other countries

Advice to Management

Continue to look for new ways to bring employees together - both physically and virtually. When employees in a geographically dispersed organization understand and relate to one another - we are better able to serve our customers needs.

Other Employee Reviews for EMC

"EMC great place to work but you're just a number"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Hopkinton, MA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Hopkinton, MA

Pros

Strong company and strong senior management. Clear understanding of senior management's view of the future of the company. Great benefit package. Great development programs for new graduates.

Cons

With 33K employees there it is tough to be anything other than just a number. Salaries do not compare to outside of company from what I've seen and heard from friends. Great development programs for new graduates, but limited opportunities for individuals 3 - 7 yr out of college. Decisions are made in silos, communication between groups is weak but more recently getting on the same page.

Advice to Management

I have no advice given to Senior Management. They are making great decisions to sustain the strong growth the company has been experiencing over the last few years.

"Good pay, but boring."

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

I work for the Documentum division of EMC. The pay is good and the building is well kept. There really isn't too much to say as to how good it is to work there. It's just a place that you go in, do your work, and leave.

Cons

I do not feel a sense of pride in the work done at Documentum. There is no drive and I feel unmotivated to work, which is a reflection of senior management. It is, in general, a boring place to work with nothing much going on. THings are very unstructured and there seems to be no direction given from the top to make things more efficient.

Advice to Management

Put more thought into over-arching initiatives that affect the whole division and promote more innovation within the company.