EMD Millipore - Millipore seeks strong strategic changes in life science market segments | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for EMD Millipore

"Millipore seeks strong strategic changes in life science market segments"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Temecula, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in Temecula, CA

Pros

The strategic focus at Millipore is compelling and the new management appears to be heavily focused on integration that will retain talent and build towrds a more expansive market presence in life sciences.

Cons

Compensation needs to be calibrated versus the rest of the market.

Advice to Management

Verbalize the change management strategy for life sciences in a way that embrances the new brands recently acquired.

Other Employee Reviews for EMD Millipore

"A place with potential"

Current Employee - Scientist I in Saint Charles, MO
    Current Employee - Scientist I in Saint Charles, MO

Pros

Laid back working environment with reasonable expectactations, however, this is very dependent on the department in which you work and your manager. I have experienced a fair workload with reasonable expections and timelines. I have a good level of autonomy, but help is always there when I need it. I haven't experienced an overt amount of competetiveness and there is a good sense of teamwork. They have a generous vacation and benefits package.

Cons

Salary ranges are on the low side comparatively. I have not seen a huge amount of job advancement. Money is sometimes tight for getting new technology and resources.

Advice to Management

Larger salary increases and bonuses would be a great incentive for higher productivity.

"Summer 2008 Review"

Current Employee - Development Engineer I in Bedford, MA
    Current Employee - Development Engineer I in Bedford, MA

Pros

Great colleagues to work with who are passionate about their work (at least most of them). You can learn alot from your colleagues, IF they have the time to teach you, IF.

Cons

More focused on meeting "numbers" for the short term and not on the long term.

A lot of the work/projects are done to "satisify" short term (i.e. quick offerings/trouble shooting) goals and not a lot of the work is done for the long term. This can very stressful when “developing and researching” potential new products (especially in less than 6 mths). Work-Life balance is shifted more towards the "Work" than "Life".

Management may not truly understand the complications involved around the work necessary to complete projects. As they tend to look only at the "numbers" in order to accomplish their goals. Many of the senior managers have not experience the "pains" involved for working at Millipore, since most of them where hired from outside the company.