EMMES Corporation - Good place to work | Glassdoor

"Good place to work"

Pros

Benefits package, studies are important for public health

Cons

Because of constant growth, not enough staff to do the work (this may not necessarily be a bad thing)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for EMMES Corporation

"Some are unprofessional and love to show that they are above you all the time."

Former Employee - Not Very Nice!
    Former Employee - Not Very Nice!

Pros

Good benefit package.
    Great training and classes.

Cons

Depending on the project you work for, might be stuck with the wrong people.
    Your concerns are always disregarded if you are a DM.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees, especially DMs and their concerns.

"A better experience than most of these reviews"

Current Employee - Data Manager/Protocol Monitor in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Data Manager/Protocol Monitor in Frederick, MD

I have been working at EMMES Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job itself can be interesting or excruciatingly dull, depending on your project and how far along it is. Be prepared for a lot of QC, auditing, change documentation, and SOP adherence.
    Work-life balance has been great. I've never been expected or asked to stay late - I've only done it a few times because I wanted to get something done. Never had leave requests denied. Everyone is friendly and professional - office drama is basically non-existent.
    Telework available 1 day/week after 6-12 months, with the eventual possibility of 100% remote work - my supervisor works from home full-time out of state.
    Maybe I got lucky, or maybe these other reviewers are not doing as good a job as they think, but I worked hard my first year and got almost a 7% raise. Mileage may vary depending on what project you work on.
    While the medical copays are a little higher than average, the emergency and family planning benefits are excellent. Coinsurance after the (fairly low) deductible is 100%.
    The retirement plan is VERY generous, to the point where I haven't felt the need to contribute to it on my own and am not worried about my retirement.
    The company seems to value its people, and places a high emphasis on diversity, furthering education, and job mobility. In one year I've worked with people from every continent, with educations ranging from high school to MD/PhD. Company is growing rapidly.

Cons

Since the company's client base is so wide and varied, your experience here will vary GREATLY depending on which project you work with. I've always been able to just work my 8 hours and go home since I'm on a relatively small project, but I know some people have had to spend weeks at a time working 12 hour shifts because of the nature of their project.
    Paid vacation is non-negotiable 3 weeks, only increasing by 1-2 days once you've been with the company for 10 years. There's also 7 days sick leave, 2 floating holidays and 9 federal holidays though, so it could be worse.

Advice to Management

Look across all projects to identify and implement trends and practices which lead to happy teams. Consider increasing paid leave incentives. Make sure project directors aren't insulated and can spend time with their operational staff to understand them and the challenges they face.