EMS Software - Great place to work for someone with passion and focus. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for EMS Software

"Great place to work for someone with passion and focus."

Pros

Great place to work for someone with passion and focus.

Cons

Adjusting to growth takes time.

Other Employee Reviews for EMS Software

1. "Good culture. Fun place to work"

Pros

- fun place to work
    - good culture
    - open access to management
    - great product and good reputation in market

Cons

- pay is a bit below market. Some area more so than others
    - very conservative in terms of growing the company

Advice to Management

Overall good company. Would recommend looking again at currently pay rates. Market is getting better and pay rates have fallen below what other companies are paying.

"Smart Employees, Collaborative Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at EMS Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No real egos here, everyone plays well together across departments. The level of industry experience is high, no matter what the department, and the company has stabilized dramatically since its 2015 stumbles (poor CEO, unrealistic directions, dropping of account management). EMS is at the forefront of its industry: room and resource management. Product direction and market strategy are great, though never as fast or direct as sales or marketing would like. Many people promoted and allowed to move between departments, which speaks for how the company wants to keep and challenge its best employees. Also, fun company events each month keep the departments from getting too siloed.

Cons

Leadership is too low key. Employees are heads down, working their collective tails off, but it's not by inspiration from above, more because everyone cares about doing their best possible work. Moving so fast that feels like many people are on the edge of burnout, despite the flexible PTO.

Advice to Management

Inspire us. Keep us aligned with the bigger picture. Help us see that we're not just plodding along but that we're making a difference to our customers. You're all so busy and booked up that it feels as if you're too focused on the day-to-day and not the bigger picture. No one is out speaking or representing the company or getting us noticed.