ES3 - When istarted 11 years ago it was great ,down hill ever since!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ES3

"When istarted 11 years ago it was great ,down hill ever since!!"

Former Employee - Loss Prevention in York, PA
Former Employee - Loss Prevention in York, PA

I worked at ES3 full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Can make $ with overtime

Cons

I worked at es3 for 11 years in loss prevention, they contracted our dept out to another Co. lost 3 weeks vac.1 week sick time,my famileys health incs, Co does not care about employees.feel like I was told to bend over and take it.

Advice to Management

Look at employees as individuals not masses,we are the ones making your Co MONEY!

Other Employee Reviews for ES3

1. "needs improvement, but has developed me qite well"

Pros

People open to share information, smaller company feel

Cons

Top management doesn't share direction with everyone, leaving employees to having no idea why certain measures are implemented

Advice to Management

For everybody to be able to contribute to the general direction, they first need to at least know what that direction is. Being quite a prominent employee I too often didn't know what the overall company goals and objectives are, did not even know what company strategy is. People are afraid to even voice contributions then, because they are unaware if they are in line with the strategy and objectives.

2. "Horrible, I wouldn't tell my worst enemy to apply."

Former Employee - Order Selector in York, PA
    Former Employee - Order Selector in York, PA

I worked at ES3 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Money. But even then it's not worth what you go through. Most of your fellow low level employee's are good, fun to be around. With the exception of a few.

Cons

Your days can be long. You're not done til they tell you your done. And that's with 10hr days.
    Your schedule is designated totally by them. It's like working retail. "Didn't work tommorrow before? Look at the schedule now you're working".
    They employ on this "make your own paycheck" philosiphy. Which is you get X amount more an hour for every 5% over 100% efficency. Great. But 100% efficency with no errors, wrecks, or mistacked pallets is next to impossible, usually dangerous.
    Due to their "make your own paycheck" system, you have people taking speed, multiple energy shots in an hour much less a night. Alot of other selectors are unruly thug types you'd see on a street corner somewhere. You can end up threatened or at least called something not flattering, and usually they butt in front of you and pull product out of the same slot you need to, which slows you down.
    Once you're off your 8 weeks training. It's 100% efficency per week average or you're on your way out the door. Formal writeups. Doesn't matter if you're dog died or your wife left you, or you have the flu.
    If you have an workplace accident, and it was someone elses fault. Say they hit you with powered equipment. They make you say it was your fault at least partially to get them off of liability. Well not make. Definately tell you they think it was and you should think it was too.
    New trainee's are expected to follow safety rules and housekeeping while working @ 100% efficency, that employee's of multiple years don't and won't follow.
    People will steal your lunch out of the lunch room or at least go through it sometimes. Which btw the microwaves in the lunchroom are filthy. Try not to have to use them.
    Turnover is high. Out of a 200 person seasonal training maybe 4 people make it out of training and hired on full time. Which I think they do on purpose during the busy season to get cheap temporary labor.
    Overall it's a generally shitty place to work if you're an order selector.

Advice to Management

Obtain morals somewhere. Lower level needs to stop selling out so that they can make bonus' or keep their job. If something in unsafe have it investigated. Don't turn a blind eye.