ESP IT - Best company to work for in Minnesota | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ESP IT

"Best company to work for in Minnesota"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter & Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Senior Recruiter & Account Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at ESP IT full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility
Downtown location (everyone has an office)
Tenured staff with high employee retention rates.
Excellent internal support
Opportunity for growth

Cons

Parking and trafic is a problem because of the companies location. Still not too bad!

Advice to Management

Keep believing in your employees!

Other Employee Reviews for ESP IT

1. "Highly ethical and focused on helping not "selling to" candidates and clients"

Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at ESP IT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very welcoming and encouraging at all levels
    Healthy competition: never hostile or negative
    NO GOSSIP. literally no blame or finger-pointing
    Transparent and honest communication with candidates and clients

Cons

There is a lack of cultural diversity on the staff

2. "The Sun Sets to Rise Again"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at ESP IT full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ESP IT is in a period of exciting of growth and change. As you may have noticed from reading some of the other reviews below, great change also brings discomfort for some. Ambitious and forward-thinking individuals quickly realize that ESP IT is truly a precious gem in the competitive world of IT Recruiting within the booming Twin Cities tech scene.

1. Immense growth opportunities for long-term commitment seekers - During my time here the leadership team gave an immeasurable amount of guidance, training, and really took the time to listen to my concerns, needs, and goals. The time that leadership puts into new hires is second to none, you certainly wont find this with larger sized firms

2. Agile, cutting edge, and adaptable - as a uniquely sized company ESP is able to make some novel adaptations to the industry and in client/employee relations in the coming years, including individualized promotional campaigns for top clients, promoting gender balanced leadership, and personalized converational approaches. Rather than using desperate coercion and pressure tactics, the recruiters and account managers really take the time to listen to needs, and are open to feedback from employees. This is rare in the industry, and IT professionals should be cognizant that these are comparatively very genuine people to what one may find with larger sized firms.

3. Fun, accepting, and professional workplace culture - Though my short stay here, I formed great relationships with coworkers and candidates that I hope to keep for the years to come. From company outings to sports events, happy hours, and parties, to the every day morning meetings, I really enjoyed working with them. Some of my non-conventional interests (tiny houses for example) were happily welcomed, which goes to show how accepting and open minded the team is.

Cons

1. Uncertainty and disorganization - Onboarding and training processes have made leaps and bounds since transitioning, however still in development it can feel a bit chaotic at times. Previous IT Recruiting experience and strong sense of intuition will help a newcomer sift through the occasional mixed advice received when handling nuanced situations. As the recruiting and account management team gains more experience I predict that any kinks would be quickly smoothed out.

Advice to Management

Seek out the next recruiters and account managers with previous experience and long-term interest in IT Recruiting. I really could have seen myself stay here for 15+ years if my passion for another industry wasn't already so strong. Keep being positive and continue to find innovative ways to be different (continuing to promote gender-balanced leadership, sustainable business practices, and personalized approaches). I think this is a truly special company that is going exciting places and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.