ESPN - An awesome internship experience, was treated as an actual employee rather than just a ten week employee. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ESPN

"An awesome internship experience, was treated as an actual employee rather than just a ten week employee."

Pros

Got to visit and shadow other departments as well as the one I was interning with. Bonded with the other interns. Got to listen to a lot of great speakers.

Cons

There were really no cons to working with ESPN. It was fun, upbeat, and I was always busy helping out and doing my own projects.

Other Employee Reviews for ESPN

1. "Excellent Advancement Opportunity"

Pros

A different experience than what I had expected. More work than Play.

Cons

I wish they knew how to pay the hardest workers.

Advice to Management

Please share some bonuses and find ways to make employees feel welcomed.

2. "Watch your back"

Pros

Great resume builder. Working for the top entertainment company in the world definitely has it's perks. Working for the worldwide leader in sports is a great talking point for your future employer. Most of the perks come in Bristol though...not if you were in a regional office like I was.

Cons

I came into a working environment that was filled with people that had been working together for over 10 years. I was hired because they were making some major new shifts and they needed to staff up accordingly. I was told from the beginning that all input would be welcome as everyone's roles would be changing in the coming years. This was a complete lie. Basically if you're not in with the old boys club, then you'll never be accepted. They will find ways to make it seem like your work doesn't meet their standards, even though others that had been working there for years were producing work that was sub-par to mine. There were some very shady HR practices that led to my separation from the company.

Don't work here unless you know that you're going to be protected by someone higher up who has had longevity with the company.