EVO Payments International - Great support team, training and plenty of opportunity to close deals | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for EVO Payments International

"Great support team, training and plenty of opportunity to close deals"

Current Employee - Independent Business Analyst in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Independent Business Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at EVO Payments International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Money. If you are good at sales you will do great here. They pay very well and on time. No fighting for your cash... I'm making over 7K a month and havent even started residuals yet!!

Cons

If you suck at sales you will make nothing. Simple as that. You are only as good as your sales...

Advice to Management

Nothing. They follow standard sales goals and push (who doesnt?). I love it...and thrive here.

Other Employee Reviews for EVO Payments International

"Deceptive in every way - Impossible to make any real money"

Former Employee - Independent Business Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Independent Business Analyst in Dallas, TX

I worked at EVO Payments International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Trainers are helpful, good customer service for clients and good equipment.

Cons

Deceptive,deceptive,deceptive. Leads they give you are worthless. I went to 15 appointments in a row that had no idea I was coming. They really want you to get your own leads. No clear competitive advantage. They'll beat the customers current price but it doesn't amount to peanuts. No ones interested in loyalty or gift cards. If trainer gives low rate you lose commission. Part of commission they promise you relies on you getting a $99 set up fee. No one wants to pay to give you their sale! Almost no one needs or wants new equipment so the $700 commission is going to be once every blue moon. Encore requires a *4 Year* contract in most cases when there are other good companies offering month to month. The electronic chip technology they "specialize" in is no help either. Merchants don't need them until Oct 2015 and there are lots of other companies that are offering them. Expect to realistically make $300-$400 week once you get going and maybe $700 for equipment lease once a month. You'll never get the monthly bonuses. Also, fyi, I'm a very experienced sales person, so don't think your sales skills are going to make you the one to do what they promise.

Advice to Management

"A sucker is born every minute" but they don''t stay around long and there's starting to be enough good companies for good sales people and customers to go to. You have the product, infrastructure, and customer service. Why persist with this deceptive and immoral sales recruiting and deceptive sales practices?

"Issues noticeable immediately"

Former Employee - IBA in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - IBA in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at EVO Payments International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They claim you can make large commissions this was not verified by me.

Cons

As many companies in this industry, they make it obvious they are trying to churn people through like a fast food restaurant. The training is brief for the amount of information. Their job postings show that they offer medical, dental, and vision to their IBA's but I asked repeatedly for information on this and a week following their offer had still not received any information on this. I would say that is misrepresentation considering their recruiter said these benefits were effective day 1. They also assign you a team leader. I was told for days that this person would be contacting me but they never did. I had to pursue contact with this department by repeatedly asking other areas. I was also told I would receive a presentation packet on the 1st or 2nd day of training. I did not receive it until after training was completed. Bottom line is they seem to have problems following through with almost anything that they say which led me to a decision to quickly leave. As far as I'm concerned they breached their contract with me. I don't see how you can post that you are offering benefits and not provide the information to new employees when they ask for it. They should not legally be allowed to do that. Oh, and they will also try to send you on appointments immediately that are the furthest distance they told you that you would be driving. Even if there are a million businesses right around you. It is quickly obvious that their relationship with the IBA's is not one of working together.

Advice to Management

You are causing your own turnover problems. Making people want to leave immediately can't even be cost effective for you. You might want to re-evaluate.