EY - A great culture with priorities around inclusiveness and flexibility | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for EY

"A great culture with priorities around inclusiveness and flexibility"

Current Employee - Assistant Director in New York, NY
Current Employee - Assistant Director in New York, NY

Pros

Many career opportunities at the firm

Cons

If you aren't a client-server, it's very different.

Advice to Management

Don't rest on your laurels, keep up the good work

Other Employee Reviews for EY

1. "Great place to start a career"

Current Employee - Advisory Staff in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Advisory Staff in Tampa, FL

Pros

Career Development, they take care of their people, great environment to work in. Initially I was very impressed with my seniors and satisfied with the feedback i received concerning professional development. Additionally, EY provides flexibility to go in a different direction within the company. I also feel that from the standpoint of public accounting firms EY is very progressive in terms of establishing a global presence and growing the business.

Cons

Haven't been there long, still getting acclimated. I imagine eventually I may grow weary of any travel and long hours but at this point in my career I want all the exposure I can get.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide feedback and resources for developing staff

2. "Ernst & Young's core concepts are people development, client service, and professional excellence."

Current Employee - Tax Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Tax Manager in Columbus, OH

Pros

E&Y offers an enormous amount of opprotunity for talented people. E&Y believes in devloping the professional abilities of their employees and, at the same time, maintaining balance in their personal lives. E&Y is very generous with its holiday and vacation time allotments. E&Y provides excellent interal and external training opprotunities.

Cons

E&Y could do a better job offering more opprotunity to those individuals who want to engage in other aspects of the tax practice, besides tax return compliance. The firm should build into its business model more opprotunity for its employees to engage in cross-regional functions so as to obtain better exposure with a wide variety of people who can strengthen the others' career, and not be so limited by regional business unit.

Advice to Management

Offer more opprotunity to interact with the employees. Office leadership should engage in offering more teaming among projects and building into budgets growth and learning of new areas of tax for junior employees.