EY - Senior Analyst at EY | Glassdoor

"Senior Analyst at EY"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at EY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

lot of growth opportunities, great peers, flexibility of work place. lot of avenues to learn next things and tremendous scope of learning new things,trainings and employes are treated very well. lots of perks.

Cons

work life balance. too much travel. Travel is the business model for most the practices of the firm but in the long run it might just wear you down. Some folks might like it but personally it was vert stressful if you have a life and a routine of your own. But, should say employees are treated 5 star when you travel.

Other Employee Reviews for EY

"Media Ratings Advisory Services (MRAS) - Deceived during interview process - STAY AWAY!"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at EY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall it is just like any other big 4 when it comes to people. Generally everyone was very nice and cordial. Good pay considering the economy.

Cons

Extreme management issues. Teams are broken into TV, Radio, Internet and International - Radio, Print and TV. Some teams are stronger than others and are very organized. Others however lack strong leaders that take charge and truly understand teamwork. You are encouraged to seek work AGGRESSIVELY when you are not assigned to a full week. Mixed signals from management across majority of teams. I would strongly consider a position in this division within advisory. There is a glass ceiling that no one talks about. Experience with this area does not translate into industry with the exception of current clients. Some managers are not effective at managing time. One in particular is notorious for proving 8 hours of work on a wednesday afternoon around 3:00pm and expects it to be completed the same day. If you are EXTREMELY desperate and needing a job, that is the only reason I would suggest this team Stay away! Look into other advisory teams or the tax/audit side.

Advice to Management

Take ownership of the work you are providing to seniors and staff. Communicate clearly and effectively. Manage time so that work is distributed evenly throughout the day, or to your best ability.

"MRAS Senior - Biggest Mistake Of My Career!!!"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at EY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A slight taste of the "Big 4" experience.

Cons

I will not comment on the Tax or Assurance side of the firm, however I would not recommend the Advisory - MRAS group to anyone! Do yourself a favor and continue your search.