EY - E&Y is a little better than o.k. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for EY

"E&Y is a little better than o.k."

Current Employee - Tax Staff in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Tax Staff in Dallas, TX

Pros

I guess the flexibility when it comes to balancing your personal life with your work.

Cons

Sometimes rules are bend to accommodate some people for promotions and such.

Advice to Management

Stop playing office politics!

Other Employee Reviews for EY

"EY - a great place to start your career."

Former Employee - Audit Senior in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Audit Senior in San Jose, CA

Pros

As a new college graduate in accounting, you probably will not get better experience than working for one of the big 4 accounting firms. While all the firms offer virtually the same experience for the accounting graduates, what differentiates E&Y from the other firms really is the people who you get to work with. In my experience, the people at E&Y were not just smart and driven, but they were all really cool and down to earth kids who wanted to have a good time. On the career side, the client base you have can access is very strong and will position you to get valuable experience should you decide to leave the firm and make the transition to a career in private industry. You work with very bright people who will challenge you and as a result contribute to your professional growth - things that in my experience in industry, are not as prevalent. You will also be shocked to see how many of the people you work with actually become some of your best friends down the road.

Cons

The only down side in working in public accounting is the hours. You will not have a social life. There are times when I worked for 45 days STRAIGHT and pulled 85 to 100+ hours per week. You need to go in knowing that this will be the norm. But this is the case for ALL of the big 4 accounting firms, its not inherent to E&Y. You could be lucky and have a great client load where the hours are not demanding, but just be prepared to work the hardest you've ever worked in your life. However with that being said, I don't regret the hours or work I did. It definitely contributed to where I am at now.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting work life balance and differentiating your firm based on the people. It seems to work and attact top talent.

2. "Very Satisfied...for now."

Current Employee - Transaction Advisory Services Senior in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Transaction Advisory Services Senior in New York, NY

Pros

Ernst & Young has a flat organizational structure giving people at all levels the opportunity to step up, learn, and execute. Ernst & Young's top-notch client base provides great opportunities for professional growth and career advancement. For the most part, colleagues want you to succeed.

Cons

The compensation packages are very attractive but in today's economy, there is a lot of competition for talent. I don't see Ernst & Young going above and beyond to attract and retain talent. In fact in some areas, E&Y is lacking - for instance, there are no annual bonuses like some other firms.

Advice to Management

I hear a lot of colleagues talk about leaving and their exit strategy. Is senior management doing enough to retain employees? How is E&Y going above and beyond to attract and retain talent? How does E&Y break the "leap-frog" cycles of people going from one firm to another and back again for career advancement?