EY - Review for Advisory - Performance Improvement practice | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for EY

"Review for Advisory - Performance Improvement practice"

Current Employee - Advisory Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Advisory Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at EY full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with smart people on high-profile projects for Fortune 100 companies. Most of the projects are very engaging. There's a lot of variety in the types of projects, client size and industry, and teams you'll work with. Pay is competitive (although not leading competitors). The pension is is a nice motivator for a long stay. Work life balance is probably greater here than at other consulting firms.

Cons

There are some politics involved with succeeding to the Partner level, although these are easy to navigate if you're actively working to the goal of Partnership. Annual performance bonuses are very small, however the firm just switched to a new performance based bonus system, which may improve as it gains maturity. Travel is 80%, which means 4 days a week.

Other Employee Reviews for EY

1. "An interesting company."

Pros

Decent benefits,& people will help each other out when needed.

Cons

Not enough growth in order to climb the corporate ladder within a certain period of time. & office politics.

Advice to Management

Abide by the company's mission statement by allowing employees to grow with the company without using company politics.

"Best Company I have ever worked for."

Current Employee - Prefer Not to Say- Higher Level (Not In VA) in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at EY full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People focus and career development for those truly willing to go the extra mile.

Cons

Nowhere is perfect. Like any organization there can be politics or people jockying for advancement but typically (not always but mostly) it is at nobody else's expensse (back stabbing, etc.). Generally your promoted, developed professionally, etc. according to your desire and contribution. EY takes care of its people but you cant be a slacker which is no different as with most employers. While your expected to be in charge of your own careen development (in certain respects) you are absolutely given the opportunity and tools to make it happen\. The careen development and feedback system is very structured and consistent with deadlines, etc.. You also have a counselor and career advisor in addition to your supervisor. Of course the benefits are outstanding. They are not ranked in the top 100 company to work for by Forbes 15 years in a row (or so) and business week as the #1 place to start a career by accident. They recognize as a professional services organization your value is only as great as your people.

Advice to Management

Never put ultimatre faith in someones opinion just because they are a leader and rock star even if others support the opinion. Validate both the highly positive (or outstanding) reviews as well as those on the other end of the spectrum. Individuals with alterior motives (especially with the influence of others who may also voice opinions) can impact this one way or the other. EY makes an honest effort (and I would say for the most part its successful). I have been on both ends of the spectrum and I am not bitter but in this regard things could be better in terms of truly guaging issues. I have seen examples, including mine where an issue is raised behind closed doors and elevated and decisions made without ever speaking wtih the person to get their feedback. That''s extremely frustrating if you feel that you should have a voice. I feel the only way to do that would be a policy change. At the momemnt if a "strong case" is made (good or bad) to those not living and breathing the business units world it can become a "reality" shy of any discussion and not really subject to change. It's a great firm but I feel this is an area that ought to be looked at. I've seen people passed by and not be in good graces in my opinon due to a few people and group think. Perhaps a private poll by all the individuals presenting their counselees or emilpoyees to the review committee might have some value. Although the format has changed this still might be helpful.