EY - Great place to work and grow your career while working with awesome people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for EY

"Great place to work and grow your career while working with awesome people"

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at EY full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of good people work at EY, the company has a good brand. You get exposed to different clients in different industries since the firm has clients spanning multiple industries. There are lots of exit opportunities (provided you're in a career you enjoy) as many recruiters value the big 4 brand. It is a global firm as well, so lots of opportunities for mobility.

Cons

It's a big firm and is rigid as a result. Trying to switch roles is almost impossible unless you have senior partners going to bat for you.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in people

Other Employee Reviews for EY

1. "Good start for a career; not for me"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Austin, TX

I have been working at EY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salary is decent, work schedule is sort of flexible, autonomy in work, trained a lot

Cons

productivity/focus is highly demanded - and if you can't keep up then you work late. overtime work is not a question - it will happen, frequently. being project based is difficult for personal planning.

Advice to Management

depending on who your manager is effects quality required at work. get more on the same page.

"Cyber Security Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at EY full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team that I work with in Houston is incredibly talented, and our leadership is very good. You get to work with some of the biggest clients on the planet, and you get a lot of solid experience in different environments. I've been very happy here so far, and it's been a good experience.

Cons

There is a LOT of travel. When you spend a lot of time at client sites, you can become very disconnected from your home office and the other people on your team. I can't really think of anything else so far.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the culture, and going in positive directions.