EY - Great place to work and grow your career while working with awesome people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for EY

"Great place to work and grow your career while working with awesome people"

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at EY full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of good people work at EY, the company has a good brand. You get exposed to different clients in different industries since the firm has clients spanning multiple industries. There are lots of exit opportunities (provided you're in a career you enjoy) as many recruiters value the big 4 brand. It is a global firm as well, so lots of opportunities for mobility.

Cons

It's a big firm and is rigid as a result. Trying to switch roles is almost impossible unless you have senior partners going to bat for you.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in people

Other Employee Reviews for EY

"Cyber Security Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at EY full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team that I work with in Houston is incredibly talented, and our leadership is very good. You get to work with some of the biggest clients on the planet, and you get a lot of solid experience in different environments. I've been very happy here so far, and it's been a good experience.

Cons

There is a LOT of travel. When you spend a lot of time at client sites, you can become very disconnected from your home office and the other people on your team. I can't really think of anything else so far.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the culture, and going in positive directions.

2. "Manage your own career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at EY full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

EY is excellent place to get a well rounded experience that teaches you fundamentals that are necessary to survive in most highly competitive environments. Its a company where you have to manage your own career, but you get the coaching and mentoring to help you learn how to manage your own brand, the fundamentals of managing people and how to establish a clear career path. You work with amazingly talented people and is very collaborative, the people are the best thing about EY.

Cons

Get ready to work some serious hours and to be held to a ridiculous bar. On top of your project work, pursuits, additional white papers and other internal work is a must. Its pretty typical for most people to not use all there vacation because they are just too busy to take it.