EY - My home for 8 years | Glassdoor

"My home for 8 years"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in San Jose, CA

I have been working at EY full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I speak from the OSS side of life: The people. People with hearts and laughter. I can see why employees stay for so long. The friends I've made throughout the years have been some of the greatest people I cannot forget. Boomerangs should not be afraid of going back. The real world is hard when it comes to organization skills. Yes there were some growing pains when I left, but I left on good terms. I really miss my co-workers and all the support they've given me for all those years. I felt like I could spread my wings and fly with another company but so far I haven't met a company as great. I learned a lot after 8 years. The soft skills you learn from this company could never be matched. My writing style, email etiquette and 7 habit skills are developmental habits I use to this day. Can you mention another company that will give you a pension for years of service? My heart will always believe in the saying "Quality in everything we do."

Cons

It was a while but I worked my way up the ranks. I hold some regrets but after 2 years I've learned that everything has to change for a company to keep up with the times. The clients we worked with were demanding but I understand how much pressure they were under. Some of the first years would be abusive walking into the company. They need to be a little more humble. Partners were 50/50 reasonable. Some were out right abusive to both staff, support staff and seniors. I'll never understand them.

Advice to Management

Show how much you care for the people that work for you. Just mentioning names made us want to work harder. Compensate better by releasing more "4" ratings. I also wish there was another level above Senior.

Other Employee Reviews for EY

1. "FSO Audit Internship"

Former Intern - Audit Staff in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Intern - Audit Staff in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at EY as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are an accounting major, you learn a lot. I interned in the busy season, so everyday schedule was like from 8 - midnight. In my case, I have to work in Saturday as well. I was involved with FSO which provides services for Financial institutions, so I learnt a great deal about the operation of those Asset management.

Cons

some seniors expect me to know my stuff, and do not willing to train you.

2. "Since nothing is perfect... Good employer"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at EY full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Big 4 which allows move within different service lines or different locations around the world
    A lot of Ressources which makes your life easier
    Work-life balance can be achieved
    Good time and expense policy
    Office culture is good! I would think good things are coming considering The new Vision 2020 - be better and bigger by 2020

Cons

In my head, all the big 4 are the same so I would say, nothing better, nothing worst!