EY - Fun but unorganized | Glassdoor

"Fun but unorganized"

Current Employee - Tax Staff in New York, NY
Current Employee - Tax Staff in New York, NY

I have been working at EY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun people, good location, busy season came in at time I wanted

Cons

Unorganized, managers didn't talk to each other, ended up repeating a lot of the same work

Advice to Management

Prepare for busy season, seems like they were winging it

Other Employee Reviews for EY

"EY Consulting Group"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at EY full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are very few pros in my opinion, other than you become far more marketable after working at a big 4

Cons

Overall I thought that the consulting group was somewhat of a joke. The work was all administrative work, or busy work, stuff like formatting a document, doing some very basic research, writing copy for a powerpoint. But what really amazed me was the amount of analysis and time that went into doing these basic things. Formerly I worked in an investment bank as an analyst and thought that consulting would be an interesting opportunity to learn operations. I was very wrong. The sang at EY is that if you pay us enough, we will literally do anything, and we did. We had teams, like 30, people who's sole task was to run spellcheck and format a 1500 page document for a major bank. This went on for 2 months. I remember one night that was spent creating 250 flow charts of random processes for a call center, that were never looked at. Hours, upon hours of note taking from pointless meetings.

Advice to Management

It's hopeless in my opinion, but somehow they keep getting people to join the company. I think perhaps because they have no frame of reference for what real work actually looks like, they can continue to bring people into do this sort of stuff. I would advise that you be more honest about what the work actually entails. It is sold as if you will be actually working on projects, but what ultimately happens is a lot of busy work.

2. "Good"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at EY full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good working environment, friendly people, travel opportunities

Cons

HR process is way too slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!