EY - Satisfying, except for excessive infrastructure | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for EY

"Satisfying, except for excessive infrastructure"

Former Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY
Former Employee - Associate Director in New York, NY

Pros

Working with intelligent people. Good quality and depth of resources.

Cons

Structure changed too often. Company more focused on process than content, especially when it came to marketing.

Advice to Management

Don't be in love with internal processes. Be more client focused.

Other Employee Reviews for EY

1. "OK, except for the 15+ hour days during busy season (for those interested in obtaining their CPA)"

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

I was lucky to always work on teams that had pretty cool people. Not always the brightest, but hard working, friendly, and my direct seniors / managers were always lenient when I wanted to take vacation.

Cons

A lot of the work is just not that challenging. It is very repetitive, especially in audit. I know co-workers that were in certain groups that learned a ton (ex: DVC), however, I was placed on projects in a project management role. At the staff level, that means being a secretary.

Advice to Management

Most managers are pretty cool. Even the partners I talked to always had some good advice. Honestly, a lot of upper management decisions didn't affect me, at least not my day to day job.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Secaucus, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Secaucus, NJ

Pros

People, Quality and Growth are the cornerstones at the firm. All three are available at EY. Hard work is rewarded but luck (right place at right time) can be a factor.

Cons

Long hours can be difficult to handle at times. But sometimes that is more a reflection of the client than the firm.

Advice to Management

Honestly they are doing a fantastic job at the firm. Great leadership through difficult times. Looking like they are on target to come out of the downturn getting stronger.