EY - Learning | Glassdoor

"Learning"

Former Employee - Audit Staff in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Audit Staff in Seattle, WA

Pros

People are generaly good. LOTS of experience. Helpful people. Job can be accommodating for the most part. You really feel that you are doing something rather than twiddling your thumbs.

Cons

Very long hours much of the time. Can be very tedious and time consuming. Very high stress. Can be too much travel.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop your people. Figure out more opportunities for advancement or grow the company so turnover is less. Work on the top levels of management regarding promotion

Other Employee Reviews for EY

"Long hours but room for growth"

Current Employee - Tax Staff II - Transfer Pricing in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Tax Staff II - Transfer Pricing in McLean, VA

Pros

The company definitely promotes from within and if you work hard (and long hours) you are rewarded and promoted to higher levels. I think it's definitely a great place to launch your career.

Cons

The hours can be brutal. I am in transfer pricing so my hours are a little bit more consistent, average 48-55 hour weeks. Some weeks will be over 60, very few weeks are at 40. It's a very large firm so sometimes it's hard to gain recognition.

Advice to Management

I think it's important to make every effort to retain your employees. Since I've been here I've seen lots of turnover and it lowers the morale. I also think that the "flexibility" that's promoted is not actually followed through.

2. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Audit Senior in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Audit Senior in Chicago, IL

Pros

Flexibility has been great for me. Learning within this organization has been great. Opportunities to advance in your career is also tremendous.

Cons

As usual to any other Big 4, worklife balance is very challenging. In the past year, I feel other Big 4 have been more generous about raises.

Advice to Management

The Firm is great to work for. They do a very good job to provide learning opportunities for the employees.