EZCORP - Good Learning Experience | Glassdoor

"Good Learning Experience"

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Austin, TX

Pros

Stock Price
Salary
Upper Management
Great learning experience

Cons

Feedback
Outgrowing its Real Estate
Needs another office

Other Employee Reviews for EZCORP

"Um, yeah... I'm going to need you to come in on Saaaaaturday..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

- Paycheck every 2 weeks. - $.25 soda machine. - Business is profitable. - Receptionists are nice.

Cons

- 401(k) is a joke. - Only 5 days of company-wide paid vacation days. - HR is non-existent. - Poor company moral. - HIGH TURNOVER (seriously, I've never seen or heard of so many people getting fired before I started working here...) - Corporate office looks and feels like the inside of a pawn shop. - CRAZY politics for such a small company. - IT systems consistently crash. - No trust or faith in senior management.

Advice to Management

GET A CLUE. I'd rather accept a pay raise than attend a quarterly meeting at Barton Creek Resort. Also, instead of firing everybody, why not HIRE the right people from the start? Moreover, you people are SENIOR EXECUTIVES... dress like it! (I don't care what you did in the UK, but here in Texas, unbuttoned dress shirts that show your chest hair are not part of 'casual Fridays'!!)

2. "Can be frustrating as you can not control things you are measured on. I can't "Make" anyone pay their loan."

Current Employee - Store Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

You get to meet some really great co-workers and customers

Cons

The biggest issue is that you are held accountable for things you can not control such getting new customers or getting existing customers to pay on time. The advertising consists of putting flyer post it notes on cars in parking lots which is a joke. There is no marketing program to advertise on radio etc.

Advice to Management

Doing more of something that does not work will not give you different results. This is especially true regarding putting post it note flyers on cars and calling this "marketing". I call it pathetic.