Earth Resources Technology, Inc. - It's your typical minority contractor start-up | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Earth Resources Technology, Inc.

"It's your typical minority contractor start-up"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Pros

As a woman- and minority-owned company, ERT is poised to receive minority set-asides for government work, so there's a constant flow of new business. They do they to do right by their employees, but the small size of the organization can hamper some of that.

Cons

It's best described as a "Mom and Pop" shop. When I was hired, I was informed they salary I asked for was at the maximum for my job function, and my salary has been flat the entire time I've been here. In addition, there's not much leverage for benefits, so there's one choice for health insurance, etc. Sometimes you get a day's pay as a bonus. Better than nothing, don't budget it for holiday shopping.

Advice to Management

Instead of allocating bonuses, etc. by salary percentage, be open to other ways of sharing the wealth like taking on the funding of flex benefit plans, making the payments a flat rate instead of percentage.

Other Employee Reviews for Earth Resources Technology, Inc.

1. "Culture of Success"

I have been working at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. full-time

Pros

ERT clearly values highly skilled, hard-working people. They have a great benefits package, very competitive pay, many ways of earning bonuses, and access to a huge number of courses for employees to take if they want to improve their skill set or develop in new areas. They also tend to promote to management from within.

Cons

There aren't many downsides. As a government contractor, though, employees are tied to the government contract they are hired to work on. When that contract expires that can mean that your job is gone. Most of the time, though, ERT is able to move employees to other contracts.

Advice to Management

The lack of job security at the end of a contract can lead to low morale, anxiety, and poor performance. It would be really nice if ERT would provide guidance and support for transitions between contracts.

2. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Earth Resources Technology, Inc. full-time

Pros

Company stays away from technical work. HR does a professional job, decent benefits.

Cons

Underpays hard working contributing employees.

Advice to Management

Enable Growth for your best workers