EarthLink - Great place to make a career. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for EarthLink

"Great place to make a career."

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Rochester, NY
Current Employee - Network Engineer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at EarthLink full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

EarthLink has a very flexible PTO pollicy and they encourage a work life balance. I've been with the company for more than a decade and you won't find a better place to work in the telecom and IT industry if you are a competent employee.

Cons

Due to the number of mergers and acquisitions it can be tough getting used to the different systems and processes. However, as long as you are able to adapt to changing envoiornments, most things are easy enough to learn and the company understands the ramp up time needed.

Other Employee Reviews for EarthLink

1. "Evolving Company with Exciting Path Ahead"

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at EarthLink full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

EarthLink is a 20-year technology prioneer with a solid new management leadership team and strategy. Personally, I enjoy that each day my work is varied, challenging, and impactful to the company. The company is large enough to offer solid benefits and support, yet not too large where you wonder whether what you do each day actually matters to our customers and colleagues!

Cons

There is a very real sense among many employees that experience, tenure and career pathing are not valued here. I'd encourage our HR leaders to put a lot of energy into righting that ship. Sales and employee training is also in need of attention.

Advice to Management

Listen more to the advice from top-performing, tenured employees who might not necessarily be people managers.

2. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing in Rochester, NY

I have been working at EarthLink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People treat each other with respect, and are really focused on doing the right thing for the business and customers - In my 18 months here I've rarely if ever experienced self-promotion/back stabbing type behavior that I've seen at almost every other company I've worked for. Senior leadership is accessible/approachable and interested in what employees have to say. I've also found the culture and management to be very supportive of work-life balance.

Cons

Functional silos, although it's getting better. Company was formed through acquisition of regional service providers, so there are the inevitable systems and process issues, but things are getting better - on the right path.