Eastern Illinois University - Working for Eastern Illinois has helped me become a better person. I would recommend them to ANYONE! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Eastern Illinois University

"Working for Eastern Illinois has helped me become a better person. I would recommend them to ANYONE!"

Former Employee - Student Worker in Charleston, IL
Former Employee - Student Worker in Charleston, IL

I worked at Eastern Illinois University part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, excellent people, down to earth attitude with minimal B.S.

Cons

The campus is located in a less-populated area making creature comforts like shopping malls a bit of a drive. If you can survive without those malls, you can surly rough it here.

Advice to Management

Have benefits to Student Workers. They make up a great deal of your work force and the only thing they get out of it is minimum wage at-best.

Other Employee Reviews for Eastern Illinois University

1. "My time at EIU was both inspiring and rewarding."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, IL

Pros

EIU is a nice, close community to work. The people are very warm and friendly and always eager to assist one another.

Cons

The school is set out in a small town and at times there is not a lot to do after work and not a lot of places to visit. But still close enough to a decent sized city like Champaign, Illinois for whatever activity may interest you.

Advice to Management

I loved my time at EIU, but would encourage management to get more aggressive with their alumni or whatever would put EIU on the map. They should actively encourage or promote partnership with certain fortune 500 companies to draw attention to the school, increase hiring of students from EIU. Several EIU alumni are on boards of fortune 500 companies. EIU has to reach out to them.

"Great student job."

Former Employee - Gregg Triad Lab Assistant in Charleston, IL
    Former Employee - Gregg Triad Lab Assistant in Charleston, IL

Pros

EIU has a lot of different employment opportunities. This one is a hidden gem. Available to student with nice hours(20 max as all university jobs), and has nothing to do with food.

Cons

You take a small aptitude test to get hired; fixing simple computer issues,simple application knowledge on office and Dreamweaver, and computer hardware. So those with no technical knowledge it might be difficult. It can also be a little boring.