Eastern Nazarene College - getting me through | Glassdoor

"getting me through"

Current Employee - Landscaping in Quincy, MA
Current Employee - Landscaping in Quincy, MA

I have been working at Eastern Nazarene College part-time (More than a year)

Pros

when there is work, you will get plenty of hours. It is in a college setting so it is understandable have an lack of hours from time to time.

Cons

the moment they see a chance to cut hours they will. Under a strict budget and lots of students get hired.

Advice to Management

Pick and choose the hardest working, hungry students. Some students actually have bills to pay and would love to work hard for their money while lots of students are hired simply because they are students and not because they work hard or are skilled. To many students are hired and not enough hours to go around. The students who truly need it get screwed out of work.

Other Employee Reviews for Eastern Nazarene College

"Physics/Engineering: great school, although very small."

I have been working at Eastern Nazarene College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The professors were awesome, and due to the small class size, I was able to form personal relationships with most of my professors, which turned out to be very useful when finding internships/jobs, especially when requesting letters of recommendation. The campus is small, so there is not much time required for walking from class to class.

Cons

Small school size can also be a con. Although I did not have this experience, if you absolutely can't stand somebody, it's likely that you will run into them all the time. some of the lab equipment is out of date, although they are definitely in the process of greatly updating all the equipment. Some of the curriculum should be changed, which they are in the process of doing. Occasionally the professors are TOO lenient (some students passed who definitely should not have passed).

Advice to Management

Keep updating and improving the department.

2. "Teaching Assistant"

I worked at Eastern Nazarene College part-time

Pros

Grading papers and exams allows for flexible hours and working location.

Cons

Aside from rubric, there's little oversight and assistance from professor in grading papers.