Eastern Research Group, Inc. - Good place to work | Glassdoor

"Good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Pros

ERG is a great place to work if you're in certain work groups. There are many opportunities to switch groups, work on new projects and become 'the expert' in new areas of work. My fellow employees were smart, motivated, and hard-working. There is a certain pride that goes along with working for a company that does important environmental and policy work.

Cons

If you work for a manager who doesn't ecognize accomplishment, or even good work, then you may not get satisfactory reviews and raises. Bad behavior is sometimes tolerated from employees in very visible positions. I was shocked to have a door slammed in my face by a very senior person (fortunately not my manager).

Advice to Management

Keep up the good hiring practices but implement a more structured review process.

Other Employee Reviews for Eastern Research Group, Inc.

1. "Laid back atmosphere, great benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Pros

three weeks vacation to start, 4 weeks after 2 years, great health plan, and flexible schedule. As long as you get 80 hours in every 2 weeks, they don't care what hours you work.

Cons

only 6 paid holidays a year, but 4 weeks vacation helps make up for that. Dealing with government rules can also be a pain.

Advice to Management

My salary reviews aren't really consistent. Usually I'll get a raise once a year in my paycheck, but never actually get a review. Maybe that isn't a bad thing?

2. "ERG is a great place to work"

I have been working at Eastern Research Group, Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule is a huge plus. Giving employees the option to tailor their schedule to their commutes, family obligations (within reason) is amazing. People are very nice to work with.

Cons

Sometimes flexible schedules can cause a bit of disorganization within a group. Seems hard to advance in this company, and promotions aren't all that meaningful.