Easterseals - Easter Seals Bay Area does not provide ABA | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Easterseals

"Easter Seals Bay Area does not provide ABA"

Former Employee - Program Supervisor
Former Employee - Program Supervisor

I worked at Easterseals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My colleagues and families were the best part of this organization. My immediate supervisors were very supportive. Co-workers at a similar level (e.g. Clinical Managers and Behavior Interventionists) were very collaborative.

Cons

Corporate is corrupt, shows favoritism and does not value their employees. Behavior Interventionists are viewed as "cash cows" and are not respected for the incredibly important and challenging work they do. The actual program is not ABA and there's little emphasis on providing evidence-based services. Just because someone holds a license does not qualify them to develop and provide ABA services.

Advice to Management

Show your employees that you value and respect them. Focus on employee retention and hire CMs and PSs with ABA experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Easterseals

1. "Great Job!"

Pros

Great Job! Nice people to work with!

Cons

Recording notes. Sometime late nights.

2. "Okay work if you want to be in social service and can't afford college."

Former Employee - Direct Support Associate
    Former Employee - Direct Support Associate

I worked at Easterseals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All you need is a GED to be eligible for the job. Paid training, paid holidays, mileage reimbursement, on-time payments. There were opportunities for advancement and often people were promoted from within (though the higher-level jobs usually required more than a GED).

Cons

The training was two weeks full time, but then almost nothing I learned in the training applied to the work. I never did receive my CPR certificate from the initial training. It didn't feel like a real job. I picked the client up at his house and drove around 30 hours a week with the client doing things like going to the gym, the library, malls, fast-food restaurants - wherever he wanted to go. I tried to interact with him and use some of the training, but all he wanted to do was play on his iphone. I went to the office for monthly meetings and that was about it for contact with the rest of the staff. The supervisor would respond to text messages but let emails go unanswered.