Easterseals - Expanded way too quickly and quality of care has continued to sink | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Easterseals

"Expanded way too quickly and quality of care has continued to sink"

Former Employee - Behavioral Interventionist in Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Behavioral Interventionist in Oakland, CA

I worked at Easterseals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot while working here, especially early on, because the quality of the program was high and the atmosphere was very team-oriented. When they suddenly had to bulk up staffing to fulfill a huge new contract with Kaiser, though, things began to unravel.

Cons

No sense of community. High turnover. Inadequate training - specifically hiring inexperienced Behavioral Interventionists who did not receive enough training or ongoing support and guidance. Benefits and starting pay were also cut during this time. The review process was disorganized and inaccurate, relying on feedback on the quality of my work from a supervisor who never observed me or responded to my emails or phone calls about the case we worked on together.

Advice to Management

I actually feel sorry for the management because they were clearly in over their heads and could not manage. Most of the managers I met were very dedicated to the cause, but there were simply not enough hours in the day or resources to keep the program afloat.

Other Employee Reviews for Easterseals

1. "Good place to work but too much turn-over"

Pros

Fun and overall supportive staff who are very good ABA practitioners. The system they use, the early start Denver model, is a very strong modality.

Cons

The work, while incredibly rewarding was repetitive and quite emotionally draining. I saw a lot of challenging family situations; be ready for intensity!

Advice to Management

Maintain your talent by paying them market wages. Offer support and raises. Make sure your program supervisors

2. "Very awful place to work"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Easterseals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits, friendly upper management, a few nice families, and so kind teachers

Cons

disrespectful management, rude teachers, teachers do not have a clue about developmentally appropriate practice. Parents a two faced and treat the teachers terribly.

Advice to Management

Stop being rude, and using your staff against each other.