Eastman Kodak - Working with a cutting-edge, only-one-of-its-kind technology in a generally good work environment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Eastman Kodak

"Working with a cutting-edge, only-one-of-its-kind technology in a generally good work environment."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Eastman Kodak full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Learned a lot with many new challenges over the years. Good coworkers.

Cons

Tight financial times and recent Chapter 11 have meant no salary growth for several years, while inflation continues. Recent layoffs, with the last round cutting some really essential people.

Advice to Management

Less bean-counting, and more attention to intelligent use of your (intellectual) resources is required. Regarding CEO: too early to tell about the new CEO (glassdoor specifically asked me to rate him), but the previous CEO led us down this rat-hole to Chap. 11 and "guided" us through and out of Chap. 11, and now leaves with millions. You should have handed him his hat years ago.

Other Employee Reviews for Eastman Kodak

1. "Not the company you grew up with"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Eastman Kodak full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people are what make Kodak great. Some of the most talented, ethical and caring people I've run into. Plus, there is a pride of belonging to such an iconic brand, and caring for the customers. I suspect that there will be significant hiring in the coming years as the aging workforce retires. The cutting edge work in certain technological areas is exciting.

Cons

The company has changed dramatically in the past few years. Gone is pretty much everything that most of us grew up with as Kodak. Now, it is a B2B company focusing primarily on the graphics and functional printing space. It still has the remnants of a big company in terms of culture (bureaucracy, slow) that need to change to make it the employer of choice, and the focus on the employees is not what it once was.

2. "The co-workers and benefits made Kodak an exceptional place to work."

Former Employee - Patent Analyst in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Patent Analyst in Rochester, NY

I worked at Eastman Kodak full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work-Life balance, benefits, salaries, were excellent in the R&D departments.

Cons

Uncertain future for the company's business.

Advice to Management

Think beyond established industries, such as printing and even touch screens.