Eastman - Solid company with some room for improvement | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Eastman

"Solid company with some room for improvement"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Kingsport, TN
Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Eastman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture is very team-oriented - I don't feel like I would be manipulated for someone else to gain an advantage.

Benefits are good. Pay is in line with national averages.

Independent work environment allows me to solve problems in my own way, but there is enough structure to prevent total disorganization.

Cons

Leadership can be slow to make decisions. Some HR policies are dated, leading to low performers hanging around and high performers not being rewarded as much as management would like.

Advice to Management

The HR policies need to change. Also, some of the extras (or lack thereof, I should say) that the company offer prevent Eastman from being on the top 100 list of places to work. With a bit more effort, Eastman could be the envy of talent all over the country.

Other Employee Reviews for Eastman

1. "A great place to build a foundation, contribute to global success, and give back to the community!"

Current Intern - Co-Op in Kingsport, TN
    Current Intern - Co-Op in Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Eastman as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture at Eastman Chemical is a team environment based on strong core values. Employees are their for each other, and sustainable progress is really important. Given the company's international standing. their is a lot of opportunity for global travel and personal development.

Cons

Small towns are not for everyone, so there's some adjustment if you come from larger city.

Advice to Management

Since Eastman Chemical is a company based on technical work, it's easy to adhere to a process because that's how it's always been done. Be a little bolder about trying new techniques. However, it is important to note that I have already seen some of this in my short time there.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in Kingsport, TN
    Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Eastman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Eastman has a positive employee culture and the company strives to achieve growth both personally and professionally

Cons

Eastman can be a bit late to the game for new product launches