Eastman - A dynamic place to work! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Eastman

"A dynamic place to work!"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Kingsport, TN
Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Eastman full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Eastman Chemical is a good company that provides good pay for the area in east Tennessee. I work with a great work family and enjoy a flexible work schedule.

Cons

Unfortunately some of the health benefits appear to be declining in what they offer. It also seems at times that the business is becoming less family oriented and more focused on doing whatever it takes to make a buck even if that means at the expense of their employees.

Advice to Management

Focus on your most important asset; employees/people as a basis for growth

Other Employee Reviews for Eastman

1. "Great Company to work for, despite recent changes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingsport, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Eastman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Variety of opportunites, lateral and vertical movement opportunites, continuining education, world class training, moderate work life balance, world experts available for help/mentorship, many volunteer opportunities are encouraged on a coorporate level

Cons

New management has created tension and unease among employees as job security is questioned, management is not well trained at coaching and development, there is a percieved sense of obligation and duty at Eastman that can negatively influence your feelings about the work

Advice to Management

Communicate openly through the company. If programs were more fully formed and training was proactive about them there would be less unease about the programs and how they will change the culture and work environment.

2. "My Dream Job!"

Current Intern - Engineering Co-Op in Kingsport, TN
    Current Intern - Engineering Co-Op in Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Eastman as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Since it is such a large and varied company, there are a great many opportunities for career advancement. The headquarters are in a great city with a low cost of living and the work culture is really great. I don't think I've encountered a single unpleasant person while at Eastman. The pay and benefits are very good as well.

Cons

There are not any downsides to working at Eastman Chemical.