Eaton - Best Company I have ever worked for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Eaton

"Best Company I have ever worked for."

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company is by far the most business savvy, yet employee friendly, organization I have ever worked for. They do an outstanding job of setting goals, communicating expectations, providing training and resources to get the job done, listening to employees' ideas and letting them help make changes that makes the work easier, and the pay is strong, and benefits are better than any other that I have had.

Cons

There are some areas in the organization where certain leaders seem to move up together. If you are in that "herd" you can be sure of being pulled up the chain as your buddy gets to his next job. These are good people with good skills, but it is unsettling to see the inevitable ripple effect of them following each other through the organization. It makes people who are not a part of that "chain" feel that they really don't have a chance of obtaining certain jobs. Thank goodness this is ONLY a pocket or two ... for the most part, I do feel there is real opportunity for everyone who wants to learn and grow.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Eaton is the best ... it's up to you to help maintain that status. Sandy, you are a brilliant leader and role model. When you retire, please help the Board understand the importance of maintaining the values that have made Eaton such a special place. Your successor needs to value "doing the right thing" as much you do and be as concerned about all segments of the business as you are. A strong leader is so important.

Other Employee Reviews for Eaton

1. "supervisor"

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

undermanaged and in need of restructure

"Maybe there's hope"

I have been working at Eaton full-time

Pros

Great group of dedicated people trying to make a difference and move the company forward. Many locations and talented people.

Cons

Culture promotes behaviors that might be good for an individual, despite actions that negatively impact adjacent functions. Poor work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Communicate plan to all people at all levels. Treat people like real people, not just headcount.