Eaton - Development programs are very good | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Eaton

"Development programs are very good"

Current Employee - Development Program Participant (Entry-level) in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Eaton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started my career with Eaton in one of their development programs, which are 2-3 year rotational programs for which you spend one year at a time working in a particular job before moving to another city and a different job. The idea is to introduce you to the business while you develop a range of job skills and experiences. I've so far been very happy with how I've been treated and compensated. Eaton seems to place of a lot of emphasis on making sure development program participants are happy and interested in their jobs. Most people at my large office work normal hours, which suggests good work-life balance to me.

Cons

The industries Eaton is in aren't very interesting, the company culture isn't fast-paced, and a lot of their plant locations are in the middle of nowhere. Packing up and moving every year for 2-3 years can be a little difficult.

Advice to Management

Upper managers I have worked with seem to have much worse work-life balance, which is a concern to me if I stay with the company. I work around 40 hours a week and am fine with that, but I would be unhappy to work the kind of hours some of the upper managers in my division work. That might be a generational thing, to think higher compensation and greater authority is worth working 60+ hours a week, but it wouldn't be worth it to me.

Other Employee Reviews for Eaton

1. "Good company"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Moon Township, PA
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Moon Township, PA

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely ethical. The goal is always to do business the right way. You get a lot of freedom. You have tasks to complete and time line for that, but how you get them done is upto you.

Cons

It's a huge company. There is a chance of getting lost in the crowd.

Advice to Management

Focus on talent retention.

"Very HR Focused and ethically sound company."

I worked at Eaton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They pay well and upward mobility is ok. Bonuses are paid well.

Cons

Many Silos. A few terrible middle managers can control a division with out any repercussions to their decisions. They have some bad managers.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees. Get rid of the managers that are consistently complained about. Don't promote them! Get HR out of the meetings. Makes them less productive.