Eaton - Development programs are very good | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Eaton

"Development programs are very good"

Current Employee - Development Program Participant (Entry-level) in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Eaton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started my career with Eaton in one of their development programs, which are 2-3 year rotational programs for which you spend one year at a time working in a particular job before moving to another city and a different job. The idea is to introduce you to the business while you develop a range of job skills and experiences. I've so far been very happy with how I've been treated and compensated. Eaton seems to place of a lot of emphasis on making sure development program participants are happy and interested in their jobs. Most people at my large office work normal hours, which suggests good work-life balance to me.

Cons

The industries Eaton is in aren't very interesting, the company culture isn't fast-paced, and a lot of their plant locations are in the middle of nowhere. Packing up and moving every year for 2-3 years can be a little difficult.

Advice to Management

Upper managers I have worked with seem to have much worse work-life balance, which is a concern to me if I stay with the company. I work around 40 hours a week and am fine with that, but I would be unhappy to work the kind of hours some of the upper managers in my division work. That might be a generational thing, to think higher compensation and greater authority is worth working 60+ hours a week, but it wouldn't be worth it to me.

Other Employee Reviews for Eaton

1. "Great if you don't like making decisions"

I have been working at Eaton full-time

Pros

Solid and stable company, good work-life balance, very ethical in business dealings, supportive of local communities

Cons

Extremely risk averse and slow to move, weak leadership at mid-to-upper levels, extremely political, red tape and "CYA" menality abounds, decision making at middle and lower levels is not encouraged

2. "Good company"

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Moon Township, PA
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Moon Township, PA

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely ethical. The goal is always to do business the right way. You get a lot of freedom. You have tasks to complete and time line for that, but how you get them done is upto you.

Cons

It's a huge company. There is a chance of getting lost in the crowd.

Advice to Management

Focus on talent retention.