Eaton - Project Manager | Glassdoor

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Project Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Eaton full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture, the stability, the support

Cons

the continuous progressive and increasing required travel time

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for Eaton

1. "I was asked to scan and download final publication of reports onto CD's for permanent files."

I worked at Eaton part-time

Pros

It was a position where I was asked to do other things as well and it was interesting

Cons

It was a temporary position

Advice to Management

Hire people who are willing to work regardless of their age. If I'm 70 years old and want to work, I'll apply. If I don't want to work, I won't apply.

"Don't work for Eaton!"

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Jackson, MS
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Jackson, MS

I worked at Eaton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As an engineer, the pay was too low since I was making higher pay at Pratt & Whitney 7 years earlier. Dedicated engineers who work tirelessly and don't get any thanks or credit from management for their effort. My boss worked day and night (literally) on a major project that was late due to management incompetence while trying raise his kids and do all the other stuff life throws at us. I wonder if management ever thought to say thank you R.

Cons

Poorly managed company overall. Total chaos in Jackson, MS. Worse than any other company I have ever seen (i'm not exaggerating) Some of the managers (VP level) are so deceitful that I can comfortably say they are evil or border on being antisocial/sociopaths. I was having a conversation with a VP at a meeting in Houston about an idea that I had to solve a problem. He rudely said that's not what I do and then quickly walked away and made a call. When we returned to the meeting (3-4 minutes later) he made an announcement that he had made progress on the problem but using my idea and proposing it as his own. That VP really got to me that day. It disturbed me for some time that he did something so childish. The idea was so simple. It wasn't rocket science. No need to do that. I quit two months later. Whereupon they tried to accuse me of some sort of corporate spying (not sure of the exact details). Unbelievable place. My heart goes out to those employees in Jackson.

Advice to Management

Treat engineers and other techies like people instead of objects or slaves.