Ebix - Good for Exposer | Glassdoor

"Good for Exposer"

Current Employee - NOC in Chennai (India)
Current Employee - NOC in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Ebix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

we can learn more on diffrent technology

Cons

Infrastructure and Salary to be anaysis.......

Advice to Management

Improve the infrastructure in chennai and the analaysis the current living cost and provided the increment based on that.. Mostly for fresher and other

Other Employee Reviews for Ebix

"We are acquired, but no clarity about our future"

Current Employee - Development in Hyderabad (India)
    Current Employee - Development in Hyderabad (India)

I have been working at Ebix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good place to start the career , but not more than that

Cons

No communication regarding whatsover, we are employee of planetsoft we are bought but we are left with nothing.
    We are still waiting for our confirmation letters and appraisals.
    Few of our employees are thrown away saying performance based, but not true.

Advice to Management

Treat people as people

"Lack of direction and leadership"

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Ebix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work hours are flexible and dress is casual. Vacation and time-off is adequate and increases nicely the longer you're with the company. Co-workers within the division are great and could be stellar given better direction from the management team.

Cons

This company is severely segmented due to it's multiple divisions (acquisitions), which makes me wonder if each division is not re-inventing the wheel and wasting development resources. Both upper level and divisional management make little effort to provide company and product direction, leaving employees confused on the end goal. This lack of product direction is also leading to dated applications and technologies that will soon be outpaced by our competitors. As resources leave they are rarely replaced, with their workload being poorly distributed to those who remain. Employee ideas on how to better our products and work environment are rarely acted upon, with excuses of not enough resources, time, or money. The salary is mediocre, and even with a great review, getting a raise in this company is like pulling teeth. No investments are made in employee training and technical growth.

Advice to Management

If this company is as profitable as reported to the share-holders, you should have plenty of funds to invest in your most import resource, your employees. Re-structuring of this company should be considered as many of the divisions are only looking out for them selves, not the company as a whole. If changes are not made soon you will continue to loose your talent, product innovation, and most importantly to you, your profits.