Echo Global Logistics - Excellent Training, Few Opportunities for Long Term Growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Echo Global Logistics

"Excellent Training, Few Opportunities for Long Term Growth"

Former Employee - National Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - National Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The LTL training program was excellent. They've reformatted it a bit since I was hired, but Echo was my first supply chain job. It was a thorough and comprehensive introduction to LTL transport.

Cons

Very high turnover. Salesmen complain of "lead-lock," or a lack of available prospects to call on. Disputes over leads and accounts are frequent and usually settled in favor of senior reps, so it's difficult to gain traction as a young salesperson. Sweeping changes in benefits and commission structure were made without warning.

Other Employee Reviews for Echo Global Logistics

"Lots of busy work/ low pay / replaceable"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good place to start out and get something on your resume

Cons

Frat house. Young inexperienced managers. Too much hiring from within which means you get people with Echo tunnel vision. The bureaucracy is to have systems in place so that everyone is replaceable. You spend most of your time creating paper trails to cover your ass. Most people have extra part time jobs on the weekend to cover the cost of living in Chicago. A team lead's sole purpose is to micro-manage and squeeze more work out of you. It doesn't seem like anyone gets a chance to take a lunch break so everyone eats at their desk. Then they bribe you with beer on Friday. If you paid more we could all buy our own beer.

Advice to Management

Don't know. Never get to interact with any of them because I'm low on the food chain.

"Filled with false hopes. Plenty of hard work and nothing in return."

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Echo Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Young, fun work environment for the most part. Snacks and sodas and coffee provided. Opportunity to make a good amount of money.

Cons

Plagued with favoritism, micro-management, and executives who don't care about 90% of their employees.

Advice to Management

Take care of everyone, quit hiring everyone for sales and then giving them other jobs. Source people and train them for the jobs they will be doing in the company.