Eckerd College - Small college, excellent benefits | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Eckerd College

"Small college, excellent benefits"

Current Employee - Assistant Student Enrollment Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
Current Employee - Assistant Student Enrollment Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Eckerd College full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employer contribution to retirement fund is excellent. Physical setting is beautiful (surrounded on 3 sides by water and heavily treed.) Eckerd College community is very committed to recycling and other ecological and global responsibilities.

Cons

Private college so salaries are not high and resources are not abundant. As typical with academia, higher degrees are revered and those without them are often devalued.

Other Employee Reviews for Eckerd College

1. "Neutral place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

You have long vacation, just like any university and college all over the world. The colleagues are generally very nice and helpful.

Cons

But you need to teach otherwise, a lot. Also the administration almost only cares about if the students are satisfied or not.

Advice to Management

Just hope the school is not as students (aka customers) driven as it is now because our teachers really should do them good in the long run.

2. "Best work-life balance, hard to beat atmosphere"

I have been working at Eckerd College full-time

Pros

I cannot overstate the environment and the culture. The department is positive and the director does an excellent job keeping morale high in even the most stressful of situations. Communication is regular and management is structured enough that everybody knows what is expected, while still maintaining enough autonomy to successfully put forward their best work. Working in the college environment is a delight because the culture is always vibrant and creative, and you know that your work is genuinely for the benefit of the greater community. The benefits are excellent, as everybody else here mentions. I cannot stress enough the benefit of working in a beautiful location - all that greenery and Vitamin D is good for you!

Cons

Ask me when I no longer work here. On a more serious note, there is no negative here that wouldn't be experienced in any other workplace, and the positives make it more than worthwhile.