Eclipse - 90 days was all I could take | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Eclipse

"90 days was all I could take"

Current Employee - Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Eclipse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a solid history with Microsoft Dynamics.

Cons

The company talks a good game, but it's actions don't back up its words. The Americas COO is weak. Marketing is terribly weak. Sales is mixed - some good people but many weak staff. The executive team is in place because of tenure, not talent. The company is extremely political and all direction for the Americas practice comes from Australia. The CEO has been with the company from the beginning, but is an autocrat, refuses to delegate and surrounds himself with Yes men (and a few Yes women). The CEO says he's open to ideas, but those ideas fall on deaf ears. The CEO talks of servant leadership, but again, only talk. The CEO says employees come first, but again these are completely hollow words. The CEO is also a screamer, which I find incredibly unprofessional. Overall, the culture is one of distrust (which is why staff are not permitted to buy a client a lunch without a ridiculous amount of pre-approvals or why staff are not permitted to book their own flights and hotel rooms) which is the single greatest reason for the excessive employee turnover.

Advice to Management

Delegate management responsibility. Get off the antiquated internal systems and invest in the type of new technology you recommend to clients (start by dumping your internal Pivotal CRM system and getting to Dynamics CRM). Don't be afraid to hire some A players. Overall, stop being penny wise and pound foolish. When expense reports for a company of this size go to the CEO, you're focused on the wrong things.

Other Employee Reviews for Eclipse

"Extremely Disappointed!"

Former Employee - Business Development in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Business Development in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Eclipse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interview process was good. Current Microsoft Dynamics Partner. People are skilled.

Cons

- BC Canadian Offices NOT run properly.
     - Do not practice what they preach pertaining to Servant Management.
     - Management of CAD operations disappointing - no team collaboration - Executive in charge of Canada has been milking one account for years and afraid to grow North American business.
     - Team members very judgmental
     - Afraid of change and to move forward
     - No Name or Brand Recognition
     - No strong partnerships because of Executive in charge of Canada
     - No pipeline despite 4 years in Canada
     - Have not built relationships across Western Canada
     - Executive are threatened of a SUPERSTAR coming in and getting it done!
     - No feedback given about performance or if they are concerned about something
     - CAD Executive afraid of taking in new ideas
     - No clear defined plan

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid of change -

Management needs to take courses - refresh courses

AUS offices unaware within CAD offices and the damage being done -

When you have a SUPERSTAR in your offices - don't feel threatened - embrace them and allow them to be successful -

2. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - ERP Business Process in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - ERP Business Process in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Eclipse full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

UXC is a progressive ERP provider with a unique business model. Management was very engaged and supportive, and training opportunities were excellent.

Cons

There are no real cons as such. I was simply not in a role that I felt I could grow in, as I wanted to grow my experience in the AX practice and did not feel at the time that I could easily move from the business process training position that I held to the AX team.

Advice to Management

None. They were great.