Ecolab - Controller | Glassdoor

"Controller"

Former Employee - Controller in San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Controller in San Jose, CA

I worked at Ecolab full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A relatively flat organization under the old regime. A very focused company on the operational side of the business.

In the western half of the country, there was excellent mentoring of the managers who worked hard and bought in to the cluster's operational vision. The mentoring environment allowed employees to develop beyond their own expectations and prepare themselves for the next level.

Cons

Previously had an ERP systems, however, kudos are in order for the innovative ways that they used the systems which they had.

They are currently moving to up data their ERP system.

Advice to Management

None.

Other Employee Reviews for Ecolab

"I learned a lot working for this entry level companyin a entry level position."

Current Employee - TM- Institutional in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - TM- Institutional in Springfield, IL

Pros

Great culture very aggresive, work hard, get rewarded, play hard. I quickly became the number 1 TM in a 10 state region!!

Company car, insurance, great out of college benifits.

Cons

No real advancement opportunities... No real professional development opportunities. Lets face it... we sell soap! Many of my customers are missing their teeth.

I really feel I have had to turn down my intellect to sell in the institution division.

Advice to Management

Corporate Account Managers and Area Vice Presidents need to get off their behinds and sell something!!! I have been working for this company for 2 years... blood sweat and tears, 12 hours a day, and not ONE multichain customer (that is out of a TM,s reach to sell) has been closed!

We need some accountability here! Who is the boss of these people? Why don't they report to the field? CAM's are a joke.

"Terrible Job"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ecolab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In overall is a ok company specially if this the first job with benefits

Cons

There are very long hours, lots of driving, weekends with no overtime or bonus for the extra work, if you like to work 60 or more hours a week this is he job for you. I wonder how is well recognize company when they abuse of the employes, yea they give you a good "salary" but at the end you are making 7 dls and hr. somebody need to investigate this. Everybody of my coworkers said the same thing but nothing happens

Advice to Management

Please do something you guys are making field people pay with our sacrifice the succes of the company, I wonder what our customers think about this? Specialy the big accounts like hotels, restaurants and the QSR industry. We are people like you guys with families, morgage, etc that we only see for a few hrs on the weekends when is possible.