Ecolab - will drain the life out of you | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Ecolab

"will drain the life out of you"

Current Employee - SSRM Service/Sales in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - SSRM Service/Sales in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Ecolab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company vehicle and fuel card

Cons

Ecolab expects you to work for free. Expect to be asked many times to service customers that are not in your territory, which means taking you away from your own territory, which means you wont make your commisions. Dont dare complain or you'll be branded as "not a team player". Expect to be on call 24/7 (including holidays) to service customers WITH NO COMPENSATION. You will not be paid for any "on call" service calls. YOU WORK FOR FREE! You will expected to cover multiple territorys about every 4th weekend "weekend rotation" and you will not be paid to do it. Management gives no support. If you voice any opinion or complaint to your managment team you will be branded as a "cancer" to the group. Stay away from Ecolab, stay very far away!

Advice to Management

Try putting customers and employees concerns ahead of shareholder concerns

Other Employee Reviews for Ecolab

"territory manager"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Ecolab full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits, company car, laptop to help with work.

Cons

on call 24/7, weekend coverage where you cover everyones territory all weekend so you can have a few weekends off, depending on how many are in your district. you do have a company car but don't get enough money for gas. i spend on average 300.00 to 400.00 a month extra out of my pocket. you are responsible to cover other peoples territories plus yours if they are sick, on vacation, or help them with installing equipment. your job is to sell, but all you do is install equipment, fix equipment, and go home exhausted to just spend the rest of the night answering e-mails and doing reports. if this sounds good for $40,000.00 a year go for it. very stressful and good luck taking your vacation. idon't know anyone that even takes the amount of vacation they get. i rolled my two weeks over from 2012 to 2013 because i was behind budget and was told by management that i couldn't.

Advice to Management

quit putting all of the burden on the territory managers and route managers. too many e-mails, sales objectives, etc. it is hard to meet budget requirements with all of the extras put on our backs. just let us do our jobs and hire other people to do the rest.

2. "blah"

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Ecolab full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good company to work for, you can move quickly if you work hard.

Cons

Tough if you don't have the motivation to sell and make budget.